- Go sleek and formfitting! Sometimes you might want to hide your body, but the best way to accentuate your curves is to wear clothing that shows your shape. Trust me on this!
Make sure all of your lingerie and clothing choices fit well. And it’s much easier to retouch the small lumps and bumps than it is to shrink a baggy garment.
- Bodysuits are a definite DO! They are flattering to all shapes and sizes. They can have long sleeves, straps, lots of options (but I don’t recommend short-sleeved, they cut off arms in the wrong way). Strappy, lacy, solid, high cut, low cut in front or back, so many choices!
- Solid colors are important. Don’t wear patterns, neon or bright colors, anything that will distract the eye. Those will bring attention to the areas you may be trying to minimize.
- Don’t wear babydolls or gowns. They can be comfortable but are not figure-flattering on anyone, they make all sizes look bigger than they are. Pretty much nobody wants that!
- You can wear shapewear! Yes, you can wear Spanx under your lingerie if you feel that it holds you in better! They can shape and smooth your curves. Just make sure they fit correctly under your chosen outfits and are the appropriate color. You can also wear a bra that fits you well under your lingerie for a layered look.
- Corsets- you can choose to wear a corset if you really want to bring your waist in tight! I will help you lace it up. Just know that it can be limiting when posing, and you want to make sure you’re not spilling out the sides or back. If you can find a corset with cups it will look better than ones that flatten your chest.
- Posing is super important to flatter your figure and make you look your very best. I pose my curvy clients the same way I would any shape client– I never turn your body straight on to the camera, I would never shoot from below, and I know the right angles to hide and showcase all the right places! It really takes an expert to make every client look perfect, and I have that experience!
- Details- pay attention to all the details to bring your A-game to your session! Make sure your nails are perfect, I always recommend a neutral color polish or French manicure. Toes and feet should be looking their best too, don’t forget to check your toenail polish! Moisturize your body and drink plenty of water in the week before your session.
- Stretch! You are going to be doing a lot of arching and bending which really makes your body look amazing! I’ll be honest, it’s not always super comfortable, but it’s ALWAYS worth it! You will probably be sore for a day after.
- Relax and enjoy the experience! You will have amazing memories of a special day that you were completely pampered and felt like a supermodel! Isn’t it worth investing in yourself for a luxury experience with premium art products to match?
- Bonus tip– you don’t have to lose weight before your session! Every woman says that no matter what size she is! Use this as a real opportunity for body love and acceptance, just the way you are at this very moment. You are perfect just the way you are! If you do make the choice to lose weight I will photograph you again with no additional session fee. You only pay the hair and makeup artist. Great deal, right?
Comment below, what are your favorite outfits and sets?